The 12 partner organizations of the European Union “Horizon 2020”-funded COOPID project met in Madrid, Spain at the offices of project coordinator Cooperativas Agroalimentarias de España, for the second project General Assembly meeting. This meeting was a special one for all involved as it was the first in-person meeting of the project partners since the inception of the project in 2021. Participants included:
- Landeskammer für Land- und Forstwirtschaft Steiermark (Austria)
- Agraren Universitet Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- Food and Bio Cluster Denmark (Denmark)
- Proagria Oulu (Finland)
- Greenflex (France)
- GAIA EPICHEIREIN (Greece)
- Circular Bioeconomy Research Group of Munster Technological University (Ireland)
- Universita di Bologna (Italy)
- Instytut Ekonomiki Rolnictwa i Gospodarki Żywnościowej-Państwowy Instytut Badawczy (Poland)
- Cooperativas Agroalimentarias de España (Spain)
- Innovarum (Spain)
Partners presented work done to date, including the organisation of “Success Story Showcases” of circular agri-food business models in Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Poland and Spain, and visits from ambassadors from participating countries to those showcases. Participants also discussed preliminary recommendations for primary producers, academia, and policymakers, and the organisation of the final project event in Brussels, Belgium on May 31st, 2023.
Want to find out more about the COOPID project and supporting producers in the bioeconomy?
Check out the upcoming webinar about just that, on 16th March, organised by our partners, Innovarum, and the COOPID website.
Recordings of presentations from Irish COOPID project ambassadors and other Irish bioeconomy experts can also be found on our YouTube channel @circbio848 – each “Winter Webinar” playlist is themed around one of the circular bioeconomy business models that was showcased during the COOPID project.